Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes
Makes 3-4 servings
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant oats)
- 3/4 cup nonfat (skim) milk
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1. Soak oats in milk for 10 minutes.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Add milk and oats mixture, applesauce, egg and oil to dry ingredients. Stir just until combined (over-mixing causes pancakes to become rubbery).
4. Heat a large nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly brush with oil. Scoop about 1/4 cup portions of batter into pan, less for smaller pancakes.
5. Cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface and undersides are golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook the other side, about 1-2 minutes more. Serve with extra applesauce, yogurt, and/or sliced fruit.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (for 3 servings):
|Total Fat||9 grams|
|Saturated Fat||1 gram|
|Total Carbohydrates||51 grams|
|Dietary Fiber||7 grams|
If you have a question, comment or suggestion you would like to share with us, we'd like to hear from you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
For Appointments, contact 1-877-458-8674.
For Billing Inquiries, call 888-923-7028 (Option 2) or email email@example.com.
For Media Inquiries, call 917-510-2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries, call 917-510-2800 (Manhattan's Physician Group corporate office).